Search for atmospheres
The TARDIS at Night
DW: The TARDIS at Night
It's been a long day, and you're beat. The Doctor said there'd be running, but this is just excessive. Maybe once you're not so stiff from that sword fight with the Thal, you'll try and find that gym the Doctor says is rattling around somewhere. And maybe next time a Thal challenges you to a duel, you'll be able to win the rooster.
You're not sure the Doctor ever sleeps. He's pacing in the control room, tinkering with a tiny transmitter you picked up in a Midnight Market on Thane. You think he thinks he might be able to repurpose it into walkie talkie, but you're too tired to ask for details so instead you crash in the hammock he rigged up under the control room.
Lying there drifting in the peaceful space between wakefulness and sleep, you listen to the hum of the living machine all around you. The thrum of the engine sounds like steady breathing, the distant cloister bell a heartbeat, the beeping console a comforting voice. As the TARDIS drifts peacefully on through a Cascade Formation in Sector 56E, you drift off to sleep.
Comments for "DW: The TARDIS at Night"
License details for "DW: The TARDIS at Night"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- enterprise_bridge by *)
- TARDIS control room by BBC Doctor Who +)
- alien alarm by dakotagrvtt50 +)
- Binaural Hum Reverb by George Vlad of Alchemy Audio Design +)
- Enterprise Beeps 2 by Paramount +)
- Footsteps - Pan Left by Soundjay +)
- TARDIS Cloister Bell by TARDIS SFX at youtube.com/user/TARDISSFX +)
- what do robots dream about? by tomlija from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license